Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The world as he saw it


for those out there seeking for a reason to *believe* (if there is such a thing), this quote may come in handy:

What is the meaning of human life, or of organic life altogether? To answer this question at all implies a religion, Is there any sense then, you ask, in putting it? I answer, the man who regards his own life and that of his fellow-creatures as meaningless is not merely unfortunate but almost disqualified for life.

The quote is from 'The world as I see it', a collection of Einstein authored texts that picture him in a way his relatives and friends like. This must be the third time I read it (I have made several attempts as my English improved -- yeah, It was even worst) but this time it stroke me harder. I'm living a whole new tale now, surrounded by my childs & taking care of needs other than my own. Dunno about you but I can sure use some guiltless believing.

No comments: